The question many people ask first is “How much is it?”
What you really want to know is: “Is Barb the photographer for me? Am I going to really love my photographs? Can she help me be comfortable and at ease?”
If you are like me, price really isn’t the determining factor when you want an excellent product and service. You probably just do not really know what else to ask. You have seen some of my work on this website. Maybe you’ve gotten a little idea about me from the videos and text, but the true test of whether we are going to be a good fit to work together is a consultation to get to know each other and/or a strong recommendation from a trusted friend that knows me and had a great experience here.
I have stepped out of my comfort zone and added testimonials from my enthusiastic client friends. I did this not to tell you how great I am — anyone can get someone to say they are wonderful. I want to give you a true sense of how I will take care of you.
Although I am very confident in what I do and the impact I have on people, I have to tell you something special that happened for the first time ever. I received a hand written note from a high school senior girl’s mom that said, “Yesterday was awesome [for my daughter], you not only helped her self-esteem and confidence-I believe you captured joy in her eyes with your photographs. You made a difference in her life. I am sure it is a day she will remember and treasure. Can’t wait to see the photos.”
I cannot begin to explain how much of an impact a note like that has. Giving me confirmation that I am in the right place in my life is such a blessing. I couldn’t put a price on a sentiment so meaningful. Just like portraits of loved ones are also hard to put a price on.
All that being said, if price is the most important factor, then I am probably not the photographer for you and that is okay. There are tons (and tons) of other photographers out there – all with different skill sets and styles.
If you can comfortably afford to invest a minimum of $750 for a commissioned portrait and a memorable experience let’s get connected today.
Please call me at 319-435-2125 to begin today.
Other necessary communication notes:
- MasterCard, Visa, and Discover are accepted.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- We are open by appointment only on weekdays.
- Service fees on returned checks range from $20-$50.
- Orders are to be picked up when complete. Storage and service fees may apply.
- $75 reschedule fee applies to missed appointments, reschedules, and split appointments.
- We require a “permission to photograph” form so that we may add some images to our blog, wall displays, albums, website, etc. Please let us know if you do not wish to be featured.
- Orders are sent for processing the same day and are unavailable for changes. However, we can order more at any time.
- The studio has standards for the work that we produce. If a product is not right, it will be returned to be remade, therefore taking more time to complete.
- The value and art of our work has not changed with the introduction of digital technology. Digital images are just as valuable, if not more so than negatives. With a qualifying order, you may be eligible to purchase the digital files for a fee. Likewise, we do not print any “proofs” at the studio. You will see our presentation style at the consultation. This is also the time to discuss any alternatives if they are necessary.
- Our images and photographs are copyrighted. Images may not be scanned using your personal PC scanner. If you need a photo for a cake, announcement, newspaper, etc., please contact us. The usage fee is similar to ordering a print and may be based on the size of the order placed.
- I do not release images for printing of graduation announcements (or Christmas Cards) as those are products I offer.
- Only authorized Facebook images tagged from the Gordon Photography & Gallery Facebook Fan Page are appropriate use of those images. Only qualified, paid in full orders are posted when time allows. It takes considerable time to resize, organize, and load images, if your order does not qualify for complimentary posting, consider adding this to your order for an additional $35 service fee.